Neurogena –T (Dip tea and loose powder).
Neurogena-T is the ideal Medicated Herbal Tea. It is a caffeine free, tannin free drink which enhances the digestive processes by removing acidity and harmful bacteria. This can be given to children also to enhance their memory and health. It is a herbal beverage which is a well-researched combination of plants with proven abilities which can deal with every aspect of stress-related life. While selecting the herbal drugs, the taste of tea is not compromised and thus a delightful, tasty herbal beverage is prepared. Among the components, vaacha (sweet Flag) acts on brain to reduce hypertension, arjuna takes care of both plaques in blood and hypertension, sariva increases immunity and strength, ginger adds taste and reduces depression, manjishta provides oxygenated thin blood and curry leaves fight acidity (ant-ulcer)and cholesterol. The name “Neurogena” (which generates neurons) is given because this herbal tea simulates antidepressant drug “Prozac” which spurs growth (up to 50%) of new neurons and raise the level of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. This tea comes in two forms, in dip-dip bags and in bottles.
- Neurogena –T, Dip bags
Dip- dip bags of Neurogena-T comes in boxes of 25 bags each. This is meant for offices and in travel.
- Neurogena –T, in bottles.
Here the herbal tea is packed in bottles of 100g each. This can be used as such or added to tea if you are a tea addict. If Neurogena-T is used alone, addition of honey as the sweetener provides a very delightful tea. Since the powder is boiled in water very strong tea can be prepared depending on one’s taste.
The plants which constitute Neurogena-T and their properties are as follows
- Sweet Flag, Vacha (Acorus calamus Linn – Araceae) The sweet and aromatic rhizome of the sweet flag contains an essential oil having asarone, acorone and monoterpenes, tannins and mucilage. Calamus is well known for its role in improving memory power (esp. for loss of memory) and intellect and is used in treating epilepsy and other mental disorders. It is also employed in chronic diarrhoea, dysentery, abdominal tumours, bronchial catarrh, rheumatism and eczema. The rhizome powder is a well-known insecticide against fleas, bedbugs and used to prevent insect pests in rice and other grains and silverfish in libraries.
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna W.& A.). Arjuna bark is the most acclaimed drug for treating disorders of heart. It contains a number of triterpenoids such as arjunic acid and arjunolic acid. The bark powder is used to treat hypertension. It is found to be effective in treating congestive cardiac failure and chronic stable angina (chest pain). It is also found to inhibit atherosclerotic lesions (plaques) in arteries and veins. It reduces hypertension, and is found to protect heart from myocardial ischemic injury (damage to heart muscle by restricted flow of blood). Arjuna reduces cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides in a span of 50-60 days to 50% and improves HDL content. The antioxidant phenols in Arjuna exhibit a blood thinning effect similar to aspirin. It helps the body in preventing cancer also.
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus R.Br.) This is one of the rasayana drugs used to revitalise human body. The roots contain coumarino-lignoids such as hemidesminine. Sariva possesses great antioxidant activities and is a blood thinner. It exhibits significant antithrombotic activity and inhibits platelets aggregation. It also has proven anti-inflammatory as well as hepatoprotective activities.
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale Ros.) Several of ginger constituents exhibit anti-platelet activity similar to aspirin and thus recommended as therapeutic agents for coronary artery disease (angina) and to prevent stroke. It reduces arthrosclerotic lesions and lipid peroxidation while enhancing fibrinolytic activity. Ginger extracts are found to reduce cholesterol, LDL, VLDL and phospholipids and improve HDL. Ginger has a long history of using to treat depression
- Mitho limdo (Murraya koenigii Spreng). Curry leaves containing an aromatic oil and alkaloids (both carbazole and triterpenoid) like koenigin, girinimbin, iso-mahanimbin, are found to exhibit cholesterol lowering effect like the standard cholesterol reducing agent, simvastatin. It also reduces lipid peroxidation (thus lower lipid levels) and lowers anticholinesterase in brain, enhancing memory. It is a good remedy for acidity and other stomach disorders. It is anti-ulcer in nature, possesses memory enhancing properties and is anti-ageing..
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia Linn.). This drug is one of the best blood purifiers. With its anthra- and naphthoquinones (rubiadin, mollugin) and cyclic hexapeptides (RA-VII) manjishta is a calcium channel blocker ( reducing blood pressure and hypertension), anti-platelet (reduces blockage of arteries) and antihyperlipidemic in nature. It is also one of the richest source of antioxidants. It eliminates toxins in blood and improves microcirculation in all parts of body especially brain. Its vasodilating property widens the lumen of blood vessels and decrease blood pressure and hypertension. Since it provides oxygenated blood to the brain it can reduce stress.
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum Breyn – Lauraceae) Cinnamon bark contains starch, mucilage, tannins, mannitol to which the sweetness of the bark is due; and 1-1.5% volatile oil comprising of 60-75% cinnamic aldehyde, 4-10% eugenol and small amounts of pinenes, phellandrenes and caryophyllene. The beneficial health effects are antidiabetic, reduction in blood pressure and cholesterol, inhibition of Alzheimer’s disease, antigastric ulcer properties, anti -inflammatory activity and hepato-protective effects.It increases bone density and is rich in anti-oxidants.
The therapeutic properties of Neurogena-T are summarized below
- It soothes the tired brain and helps to relieve tension (act as antidepressant) due to Vaccha, and ginger.
- It helps to reduce the chances of plaque formation in vessels throughout body.
- It reduces cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides and increase HDL,
- Ginger and cinnamon helps to relieve acidity as against acidity problems caused by other caffeine containing beverages.
- Arjuna and manjishta strengthen heart muscles and capillary walls and also thin blood.,
- It is pleasing to the stomach and keeps intestinal microbes in check.
- It improves microcirculation, helps in dilating blood vessels and to purify blood.
- Sariva helps to increase stamina (health) while Vaccha improves the intelligence and memory.
- This is a Master drink beneficial for many problems such as hypertension, BP and heart problems, diabetes, digestive system, liver and rheumatic problems.
Use Neurogena-T. and keep
- Stress and hypertension away
- Heart healthy
- Blood sugar at check
- Stomach healthy
- Smart and intelligent