Dr. Daniel’s Zipa-Liv.
Dr. Daniel’s Zipa-Liv contains the best available, clinically proven plants which will help in protecting and repairing and regenerating damaged liver. The plants used in Zipa-Liv, their active principles and their clinically proven activities are summarized below.
- Bhumi Amlaki (Phyllanthus fraternus Webster). This plant is used mainly to treat all kinds of jaundice as a single remedy and as a choleretic and liver protectant. It contains lignans, phyllanthin and hypophyllanthin and phyllanthusin D. It increases antioxidants and reduces lipid peroxidation of hepatic cellular and intracellular membranes and protects liver damage due to free radicals and hepatitis-C. It also is found to suppress the trasnscription of hepatitis B virus mRNA and inhibits endogeneous hepatitis B viral polymerase and binds to the surface antigen of this virus. It plays a protective role against liver cirrhosis induced by thioacetamide as well as CCl4 or alcohol consumption. Phyllanthus fraternus exhibits hypolipidaemic and dissolution of kidney and urinary stones.
- Bhringaraj (Eclipta alba Hassk.) Bhringaraj contains coumestan derivatives like wedelolactone and demethylwedelolactone and thiophenes. The drug is hepatoprotective (antihepatotoxic). It is also antimyotoxic and antihaemorrhagic in nature. It has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicines for ages, mainly for treatment of Liver cirrhosis caused by alcohol, CCl4 or other toxins. It also protects liver from cirrhosis, jaundice, liver enlargement, and problems of gall bladder and spleen.
- Kalmegh ( Andrographis paniculata Wall.) It contains diterpenoids such as andrographolide, neoandrographolide, wogonin etc. Andrographolide is found to produce a choleretic effect (stimulating bile production) more potent than silymarin. Kalmegh exhibits liver protective effects by enhancing activity of antioxidant enzymes and reverses the effects hepatotoxins like BHC, CCl4 or other toxins.
- Katuka (Picrorrhiza kurroa Linn.). Katuka contains iridoid glycosides picroside I, kutkoside etc and cucurbitacin glycosides and promotes appetite and useful in biliousness, bilious fevers, and jaundice. It is also found to be effective against CCl4 and alcohol induced chronic hepatotoxicity and protects against thioacetamide induced hepatic damage and galactosamine induced hepatitis.
- Sunthi ( Zingiber officinale Ros.). Ginger is especially useful in preventing and treating liver fibrosis by its ability to downregulate increase of free radicals, improve liver and cholestatic biomarkers, ameliorate hepatic marker enzymes, reduce collagen deposition, fibrosis severity and normalize the hepatic cells architecture. Ethanol extract had higher potency in inhibiting collagen deposition and fibrosis severity than silymarin. Treatment with ginger was found to ameliorate fructose-induced fatty liver and hypertriglyceridemia.
- Mari (Piper nigrum Linn.) Ethanol extract containing piperine alkaloids is found to reverse the damages such as increase in levels of triglycerides, aminotranferases , alkaline phosphatase, bilirubin and decrease in antioxidant (SOD, CAT, and GSH) levels, induced by ethanol and CCl4. It also provided significant protection to liver and kidney from the oxidative stress of MSG (monosodium glutarate- a toxin) as well as tert-butyl hydroperoxide. Supplementation with black pepper or its alkaloids can reduce high-fat diet induced oxidative stress to the cells.
Available in bottles containing 30 capsules.
Dose: One capsule a day, preferably after dinner.